9.20.2004

CBS' Mea Culpa

So Dan Rather has expressed his apologies for what happened. CBS will investigate the incident and get back to us. I am sure in late November.

Hugh Hewitt, Jim Geraghty, the folks at the Corner and even Glenn Reynolds are not satisfied. I am very satisfied. As I said below, I think Dan Rather - hobbled, humbled, and doubted - in place is a much better partisan outcome then his head on a pike and CBS with a fresh start. Graciously accept the apology, knowing that plenty of viewers just switiched to FOX or ABC or NBC.

Mary Mapes is toast. John Ellis is being kind to her, though I think I would hold out for seven figures for the book deal.

On another note, first Barnes' daughter (maybe) and then Mapes' dad publicly trashing their family. What is up with this? And this is not some polite "I don't agree with their position" talk. Very public, very tough. I guess I am naive, but I can't see doing that

No comments: