2.18.2005

Personal Guilt

I have not posted in a while. Traveling for work, down with a cold, vacation next week (so posting will continue to be light). This combined with several direct requests from NCAA D1 Hoops coaches PLEADING for me NOT to mention their team as a Hot Top 10. Of course, there is that one e-mailer, tracked back to Champaign-Urbana, who suggest that the whole Big 10 except Illinois should be in the Hot Top 10. Like I said - worse than a SI cover.

Traveling around the sports world, I do see that things are settling down in college hoops. The Illini are still unbeaten and will remain so for the regular season and Big Ten Tournament. Wake and UNC are the class of the ACC (sorry Duke - at least for now - you can prove me wrong this weekend). In the Big East, the Syracuse - BC game will show alot on how that division stacks up. Kentucky and Florida in the SEC. Florida? Yep, they are playing some good ball and are generally under the radar.

Overall, I still see Illinois as the favorite. I just hope they do not go soft in the Big 10. The level of competition gives the ACC a big edge this year.

On a side note, it is a crime that Ryan Gomes is in Providence. Can you imagine this guy on UConn or Syracuse or Pitt? Or Duke or UNC? How about Michigan State? Kentucky? OSU? If Gomes does not go in the Top 10 in the draft (really the Top 5) there is no justice in this world.

Jose Canseco. The guy is a total tool. Always was and always will be.

But spring training is here. The long awaited battle begins. Buster Olney of ESPN has Yankees, Red Sox as number 1 and 2 to start off the year. While that does not seem right to me, I can't say why. As for me, I am temporarily pulling for the Washington Nationals, even though they should have been named the Greys (yep, I know the Greys were from Pittsburgh, but...).

Well, that is it for now. I will be back in a week.

No comments: