5.05.2005

It's a wonder they sell anything!

Best Buy. Comp USA. Circuit City. They all have crappy reputations with the computer geeks of the world (and i mean the TRUE geeks) because their salespeople don't know jack about computers - they just know enough to spout out the buzzwords, get you fired up, and close the sale. They don't HAVE to know everything, they just need to know more than YOU!

I would never have put Dell into this group - but now i have to. My gaming computer died an ugly death, it appears to be a motherboard issue. So i called Alienware to order a new computer - well, the folks at Alienware were at least honest enough to let me know that i would NOT be able to use the parts in my old custom assembled PC (DDR SDRAM, 256MB AGP graphics card, et al) in their spiffy proprietary "don't touch my stuff" computer. So i called Dell...

Well, the Dell sales asswipe says "oh SURE, you can add your RAM to our mobo!", and "of course, you can drop your AGP graphics card into our slot". DICKHEAD! It turns out that my DDR SDRAM is NOT able to be dropped into their DDR2 SDRAM slots, and my AGP card is completely and utterly NOT compatible (without a sledgehammer) with their PCIexpress graphics slot. So, after I purchased this computer with minimal specs, i found out that it must stay with those minimal specs or else i have to pay $300 or more to add the proper RAM and graphics card to make it perform even remotely close to my old one. Now, i called back and talked to the customer service folks, and they said "oh, the technical support group can ship you new hardware for free to make the computer perform better, like the old one, don't worry". The technical support team said "he's lying, we are not authorized to do that". ARGH!!! So instead, I'm returning their P.O.S. and spending $200 at NewEgg.com and purchasing a new case, mobo, and hard drive, after which I'm going to reassemble and reload my old gaming PC. AND, I'm going to reload Win2K on the comp, not piece of s**t WinXP.

Dell, you suck. Your people suck. They don't return phone calls, they LIE to make sales, they are worthless. Your customer service sucks too. AS SOON AS I CAN, I'm going to dump your piece of s**t stock too - although that might be a while because I'm losing money on it...I wonder why.

No comments: