4.05.2006

Round the Horn Sports Thoughts

Zzzzzzz...huh? The Final Four is over. My God. I can not remember a more boring Final Four. The matches were not close and there was none of the excitement that the earlier rounds generated. GMU's Cinderella smashed the glass slipper, slipped on the shards and got them stuck in her ass. And, after all that, the final game was a quick blowout.

Blech!!!!

Anna Benson. Okay, I spent too much time on her. Will we never get past our fascination with $20 hookers?

Masters week. Yum. Golf Digest had a wonderful article on Jack's win in 1986. Read it. So who is going to win it this year? My favorite is Lefty. He is playing well and I trust he'll keep his head on straight. Tiger is dealing with his Dad's health and, whether you like Earl or think he is a total tool, Tiger is very close to his Dad and it is effecting his concentration. (Of course, he could go our and lap the field in Earl's honor.) Golf Digest says the numbers say "Vijay", but the Masters has never been about the numbers. It is about passion for golf and a will to win. I would like to see Adam Scott take it.

With college basketball over and baseball not yet interesting it is a peaceful time for me. I was supposed to go golfing today, but it is snowing right now. No, really, it is snowing.

Got spam announcing a book called the "Dark Lover." The author is described as a "Best Selling author of erotic paranormal romance." "Erotic paranormal?" I think there is a line there, but since I like erotic and I like paranormal, I might give this a try. (Is this sports? Yes, sex is sport.)

Steroids. This is fast becoming a problem. Not just in the juice. This is becoming a PR nightmare for the MLB. As Bonds approached Hank Aaron's record, you would have thought it was a great opportunity to promote the sport. Think again. If Rose is not HOF eligible for gambling and lying, should Bonds be eligible for getting juiced and lying? I would rather see Rose in then Bonds.

On the bright side, a new book by Baseball Prospectus talks about (among other things) Clutch Hitters. #1? Mark Grace. Hmmmm.

Congrats to the Lady Turtles. Now that was an exciting Final.

Adios!

No comments: