2.07.2008

My Advice to McCain

Okay, with Govenor Romney gone, McCain makes his first speech as the nominee. My advice to him is to point out the different roles that a Senator and the leader of a Party play.

When John Paul II died, I wrote a quick post on how different I would be if elected Pope (go with me on this). The point is that sometimes, your role is bigger than yourself. Sometimes, in some positions, you represent something else. As a CEO of my company, I did not feel I could just clown around as "one of the guys"; as Pope, I could not maintain certain views that I have (say euthanasia) because the Vicar of Christ needs to defend life.

Senator McCain needs to draw a distinction between being one of 100 and being the Leader of the Free World. And he needs to be clear that he means it.

No comments: