12.16.2005

I have to come out as a blogger...

I have to admit, in the past I have found the prospect of "blogging" a vast and empty waste of time. After all, I'm not sure who was the pundit who said "opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink". Who the hell cares about other peoples' opinions when all they are going to do is rant and rave about variable societal and world injustices, situations, and bullshit.

However, I have come around. Tilam has allowed a ray of light to come into my closet, and now I find blogging amusing and a nice, if only minor, distraction to the long and incessant conference calls that occupy my daily activities. But my philosophy is slightly different than Tilam's; quite frankly, I do not have the time that Tilam apparently takes (who's running the company while you're reading the 'net?!) to read all those blogs. So, in effect, my check list is to check our blog for Tilam's inevitable stupid and contentious comment(s), which provides us with plenty of fodder for our own little PTI discussion and the source of our much amusements, as well as check MSN and CNN as well as the sports pages in SI and ESPN for interesting and worthwhile news and events that will allow me to hop up on that soapbox and begin my diatribe. And frankly, like Tilam, sometimes the facts are not as important as the rant and the point we are trying to get across. And as always, a potshot at Tilam's expense is guaranteed to cheer me up. :)

I wonder if Tilam minds sleeping on the dog's bed while our great dane, Apollo, sleeps on the guest room...

No comments: