1.17.2006

I've Seen Tilam's Sister

She could use a makeover, so getting a "sister kiss" is a truly, umm, less-than-exciting experience.

Steelers over Colts...wow, I was rooting for a good game, but in the midst of the exciting second half, the zebra MISSED the call badly. I have NO earthly idea what the heck that referee was looking at on the replay, but it sure wasn't that game. At that point, I shifted alliance to pull for the Steelers. And that is NOT because Mrs Thew is from Pittsburgh and I was hoping to get a little play. You just hate to see a game decided by a bad referee call. I can only imagine what the fallout would have been had Indy won the game.

Kudos to Mike Vanderjagt. He basically said "i missed it, there are no excuses, i get paid to make those kicks and i didn't perform". But I have to feel bad for him, he was complete jinxed the minute that the announcers said "Mike Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in NFL history". Don't those morons understand karma?

Denver over NE...ick, ugly Patriot game. But I tell you, it goes to show you what Jake the Snake Plummer can do with a quality supporting cast around him.

Upcoming weekend, I have to go with Pittsburgh's "we have destiny on our side" attitude, I think that Jake will fold a bit under the pressure of a championship game.

I tell you, I'm worried about Carolina if I'm a Seattle fan. Can anyone stop Steve Smith? As much as I'd like to see Seattle win, I have a feeling that Carolina will pull it off because they've been there and won it before. Heart goes with the Seahawks, but the betting head goes with Carolina.

So I guess in Thew's world, it's a Steelers-Panthers Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning get's the "whiner of the week award" for calling out his o-line and saying "we had a lot of trouble with protection". Umm, hello, did you notice the fact that you sucked? Maybe the o-line should say "well, we had some trouble at the QB position". Will Indy ever win "the big one"? Hmm, not sure after this year - without NE in their way, they still looked rusty and like a bunch of rookies, and basically screwed the pooch and didn't look in sync doing it. Thew wonders how many more opportunities they'll get - and Thew MUST agree with Tilam on his point; DO NOT rest the starters, you need to continue to work together and keep on the roll.

In other sports news, Terry O'Neill proved that he is a TRUE FAN. Check this out.

The best NHL team you've never heard of - yup, my Carolina Hurricanes, #1 in the league.

Thew out...

No comments: