1.16.2006

A Sister Kiss

Okay, 2 out of 4. Seattle and Carolina advance, while NE and Indy do not.

NE just stunk. Enough said. Indy was doomed, I just was surprised it was the Steelers (who played very well, no knock intended on them).

I was pulling for Indy until they mailed it in the last two weeks. The Bye Week is meant to have you recuperate, not weeks 16 and 17. I understand the injury concern, but Manning played like he hadn't played in a nearly a month...which, well, he hadn't. Better luck next year.

The rookie quarterbacks (Manning, Simms, Grossman, Leftwich) performed unsurprisingly bad. (Carson Palmer never had a chance to break the trend.) But watching NE play this weekend was painful. Uncharacteristically sloppy. Brady, Vinatieri, Brown should have shown much more poise. Tom Brady throws for 341 yards and the Pats only score 13? Shows what 5 (count'em, 5) turnovers can do to your Super Bowl hopes.

As for next week, I still think Seattle will win and I expect Denver to be there also. But I think these are evenly matched teams.

No comments: