1.06.2006

Some People Just Shouldn't Procreate

Latest breaking news...Marcus Vick was unceremoniously tossed off the Va Tech football team for a string of asshole-ish behavior. Frankly, if I'm Michael, I'm taking his stupid ass out behind the treeline, where there are no witnesses, and giving him a whoopin. Goodbye round 1 of the NFL draft for that dumbass.

I'm sorry that Tilam leaves the college football predictions to me, cuz I seem to such at them. PSU over FSU was spot on, although it took a couple of tries. But USC? OMG, where do I start? The brain-fart of Reggie Bush's lateral? The assinine decision to go for it on 4th and 2 at MIDFIELD instead of punting (hey Pete, vY has been lighting you up all night, why give him a 30 yard head start?)? The stupid mistake of the "incidental face mask" penalty, giving Texas 5 yards after they fell 4 yards short? Sheesh. Good thing I wasn't a betting man...

Vince Young...not going to make it big in the bigs. Ultimately, he's a true Vick prototype, but you sense as he plays the game that he progresses through his reads way too quickly, then abandons, improvises, and usually runs the ball. Wait, same as Vick. Atheletes? Yes. Weapons? Yup. Quarterbacks? Nah. Prove me wrong...

Matt Leinart? He's a talent, but ultimately he has just shown that he can't win the "big one" against a tough, fast, and athletic defense. With a first half performance like that, I'm surprised his stock hasn't fallen a bit. But I think he'll be a good quality NFL QB.

Parenting...man, I have no idea where to start with this discussion. These days it seems that parents want to be their kids' best friend, not a parent. I know parents who allow their kids to sip beer at FOUR YEARS OLD! Other parents who let their kids drink at their house because "it's better than going out and drinking and driving". Unbelievable. Then, there's the ghastly example of the mother in NW USA who actually SPONSORED alcohol and sex parties for her high school son, even to the point of having sex with his friends! WHAT THE F**K? Did these people lose 100 point of IQ or all their common sense? I shake my head and just ponder the idiocy of it all. Where was euthanisa when you needed it for these people?

No comments: