6.22.2006

NOT Done with the NHL just yet...

Okay, time to make my choices for awards:

Calder Trophy (Outstanding Rookie)
Sorry Sidney Crosby, the next "Great One", but Ovechkin gets the nod over you.

Selke Trophy (Defensive Forward)
Rod Brind'Amour

Hart Trophy (MVP)
Joe Thornton over Jaromir - big Joe turned the Sharks into a powerhouse, his impact was immediate.

Adams Trophy (Coach)
Can anyone vote against Peter Laviolette and his guidance of the 'Canes to the Cup?

Norris Trophy (Outstanding Defenseman)
Niklas Lidstrom, on the powerhouse Red Wings, is an easy choice. But he was a whopping -4 in a first round knock out by the Oilers.
Scott Niedermayer was +5 in the playoffs; frankly, he was better for a worse team.
I'll go with Niedermayer

Lady Byng Trophy (Sportsmanship & Gentlemanly Conduct)
Ron Francis...oh wait, he retired. Brad Richards. I don't know why, I just like him.

Pearson Award (MVP voted by the players)
Who knows? I'd vote for Thornton again, but people have gone gaga over Jagr (much to my wife's dismay).

Vezina Trophy (Outstanding Goaltender)
Mikka Kiprosoff - just better stats than the rest. But here's to hoping Cam Ward wins it next year. :)

No comments: