3.15.2007

A long string of lies, is there more to come?

Okay, I'm done with Pete Rose. For the longest time we've all suspected that he bet on his own team, the Reds, which he had vehemently denied. Of course, he also vehemently denied betting on baseball for 15 years before finally admitting that he did. Well, of course he bet on the Red, he bet on them every night!

Okay, last straw for me. Being a racist (Ty Cobb), a womanizer (Babe Ruth was the FIRST of many), a drunk (Mickey Mantle), those are different from a) betting on baseball (which, frankly, I could have forgiven eventually), and b) betting on YOUR OWN TEAM.

But Pete says he "always bet on them to win". Sorry, how the hell are we supposed to believe that? You've lied about EVERY serious betting allegation against you, why should this be any different? I'm done with Pete. No, I don't think he should be in the Hall of Fame anymore. No, I don't want him reinstated; if he was, what's to say he wouldn't do the same thing? Nope, goodbye Pete Rose, the major league hit king.

As for saying "I should be reinstated, because I'm the best ambassador baseball has"? Not even close, Pete. Good riddance. :(

No comments: