5.01.2007

A Rolling Stone Gathers No...

Moss. Bill Simmons' comments are funny and dead-on. Favorite line: Brady to Belichick, "COULD YOU GET ME SOME HELP PLEASE! THERE'S A CHANCE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PULLED THE GOALIE ON ME THIS WINTER, COULD YOU THROW ME ONE EFFING BONE HERE!" "Pulled the Goalie"?! I nearly pissed myself.

I think Moss is thinking two things: One, there are more important things then money. He will never post HoF numbers in Oakland nor will he ever win a Super Bowl in Oakland. Both are quite possible in New England. Two, there is nothing more important then money and I will be worth nothing in two years if I stay in Oakland. Sooooo, where do I go? I need a top quarterback; a deeper receiving core and an offensive line that will give said QB time. And I want to put up numbers in the play-offs. Hmmmmmm.

Count me as optimistic this is a good move for New England and Moss.

Quinn. Two words: Eli Manning. No one wanted to make that mistake again.

Russell. Good fit in Oakland. He needs a year, but won't get it. The question is is he the next Randell Cunningham or Drew Bledsoe.

Landis. Is there reasonable grounds to believ..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I love to bike, but I hate TDF politics. The French were going to strip him of the title because he is American.

Yankees. Tom Verducci says they are done. We will see. True Yankee fans see April through September as pre-season ball. Let's talk again in October. They are 5 games below .500, but it is very early.

My Girls. Are 3-0 (5-0, if you view split squads as separate games) for the season and are looking pretty solid. This is my last season with this group of kids, so I am hoping to run the table. The games have been relatively close, but we really have not been threaten yet. We are lucky, we have 4-5 very good players who are very good, but our younger girls (first graders) make our team. It is clear that we have a much stronger young squad then the other teams. Normally, you are happy that the youngsters don't mess up too badly, but we have girls who really contribute.

No comments: