6.03.2005

The Beautiful Game

Thew acts as if I hate hockey. Au contraire, I enjoy hockey as a game, but I just can't get past the goonishness and cluelessness of the players and corporate interests. The fact of the matter is that the US has two sports: baseball and football. Others need not apply. There is room for other sports, but don't act like you are the second coming.

Basketball and hockey will never catch on. Basketball because of its inability to distinguish between felons and players and hockey because of its inability to distinguish...I mean because it is a sport with small participation. I still fundamentally believe that youth and young adult participation drives viewership. You need to feel an emotional connection to the sport and usually that comes from your experiences as a player. That is why I think soccer can become a bigger sport, but not to the level of baseball or football. Youth participation.

As for Danica in a bikini...and how about leather? Something tells me she will be in SI next year.

Ta-ta.

No comments: