5.08.2006

Admit it, you've missed me!

Okay, Okay, I'm back after a short hiatus...and my first topic this time is, of course, Michelle Wie.

Okay, she gets an invite to a men's tournament. She heads over there and MAKES THE CUT! Quite an accomplishment? NO WAY! Someone call me to the carpet when this girl makes the cut on the PGA TOUR, not some single A ball level mini-tour out in BFE Korea. She should be commended for this accomplishment, but on the grand scale it's minor at best. As Tony Kornheiser said on PTI, "the girl has won NOTHING!". I'll be happy to eat crow if she qualifies on the men's PGA tour, but until then, the phone line is busy. And then, I'll applaud her legitimate accomplishment, after which I'll ask "has she won on the pro tour, men's or lady's?" Nope? Here's a quarter, call me when she does...I won't expect to hear back from you.

Yes, hockey is back, and my 'Canes whooped New Jersey 6-0 in game 1. Woo Woo! As for the Cup finals, I have to jump on Tilam's bandwagon...Eastern Conference in 6.

I tell you what Reggie Bush is going to think the first time he gets LEVELLED by a 300 lb defensive end..."why the hell did I sign with New Orleans?!". Nothing like getting your clock cleaned to make you ruminate over decisions.

Barry Bonds his #713...after the headlines, I'm finding that I don't really care...isn't that sad?

Crap, I need to run to a meeting...

No comments: