2.17.2006

More Blowhards

Mrs. Tilam accuses me of being too hard on Michelle Wie. In the interest of fairness, allow me to point out two other annoying blowhards.

First off, I have a love/hate relationship with the Winter Olympics. I truly enjoy watching sports that I never see at any other time (womens' curling anyone???). But I also think the Winter Olympics are REALLY high in the blowhard factor.

Bode Miller has been all over the place: TV, magazines, the web. I am not sure why. The guy has not performed during the season and has looked lame in the Olympics. Why is the media obsessed with this drunk slacker?

Johnny Weir, just shut up already. Missed the bus and that threw you off? You did not feel good? You choked, you had the silver and you choked. Now you can go home and be just another male figure skater of questionable sexuality. Your ten minutes are up.

On the flip side, Joey Cheek gives his $25,000 medal bonus to famine relief. Now, that is a true Olympian.

No comments: