2.15.2006

Thew is So Reserved

Really, Thew. Don't sugar coat it, tell me how you really feel.

There is no doubt Williams had an awful game. He had been playing really well until that point, so I am not sure what got into him. With a double digit lead, there is no time to be show boating. I do think credit is due to Villanova, though. They hung in there and played a great game.

As an aside, I wonder how much the media controversy has affected the team...

I did not think UConn would make it through the next few games unscathed. In fact, this is the game I expected them to lose. Now they are playing UWV, fresh off of a "bad loss" to Seton Hall. But the game that will most show the character of the team is the next Villanova game. If you are a UConn fan, that game will tell you more than anything.

Barring a complete disaster, I think three of the teams you will see in the Final Four have not changed in my mind: Duke, UConn and Villanova. If any of those teams lose, I just do not see it affecting anything major. I think UConn and Villanova are in the toughest spot because there is a fair chance they will play twice more. Assuming UConn wins next week and they meet in the Big East Tournament, will the loser deserve a #2 seed??? Assuming those are the only losses, I would say not.

But no one has asked me...

No comments: