11.29.2004

Overcome with Tryptophan

I do not think I spent an hour on the web this past (long) weekend. Tryptophan - nature's Prozac. Mmmmmm...leftovers. Short post.

NHL:
We either agree or we don't; I am not sure. The proof is in the product, it just is not selling to this sports crazed nation.

I agree with you that there are many reasons why the NHL is in this bind. I also agree that a big money deal would solve the problems. (BTW, a big money deal would solve my problems, too.) The NHL just does not have the leeway the NFL, MLB and NBA have. I am looking forward to the Beanpot this year....

As an aside, I am taking bets as to when the MLS becomes the 4th major sport...

UPDATE: Yoni Cohen notes that ESPN2's broadcast of poker championships has posted better ratings then the NHL did last year. Stick a fork in them, they are done. Thew, I know you love hockey, but those of us in the real world could not care less if we tried.

Tiger:
I should stop, marrying my beautiful wife did kill my pro sports career. (And excused my noticeable lack of talent.)

Tennis:
I can't get past the "JR is a pretty man, even *I* think he's kinda hot" remark. Well, at least I know the topic for this weeks' therapy...

Telfair:
I think the trend will be for more HS and Prep guys to go. He is going to make some good ching riding the pine. Of course, he could make some good ching at Ohio State...but I digress.

Eli Manning:
Was the fact that this kid was all hype obvious to everyone, but the Giants? He might grow into his brother, but I do not think he is destined for greatness. Further, putting in behind that AWFUL Giants front line is bound to kill his confidence. 33rd in the QB Rankings. Ugh.

Wait, how is Kerry Collins doing? Oh, nevermind.

College Hoops:
Our new best friend Yoni Cohen has a really nice blog on College Hoops, go check him out. The link is also on the left.

The ACC/Big Ten Challenge starts tonight. We shall see how the ACC stacks up on paper. Of course, I still want to bring back the ACC/Big East Challenge...

I really like the conference challenge format. How about a SEC/Big East challenge? Or better, rotate the Big East, ACC, Pac 10 (before it becomes a mid-major), Big 12, SEC and Big 10 each year. They are a three day tourney and it would be a nice lead in to the conference schedule. The pre-season tourneys are okay, but the Conference Challenges are national draws.

Just a thought. More to come.

No comments: