10.26.2007

Back in a Jiffy...

I have been away from the blog for a while...far from being lazy, I have actually been very busy work. I am a project manager at a healthcare software application consulting company, and am juggling 4 nationwide customers, 6 projects, and base product software testing and development. So it's for a legitimate reason, in that I'm actually being productive for the boss man.

So, to catch up with my pal TILAM, here are my Top 10 driving moves I simply CANNOT ABIDE!
1 - wait until the last minute to move over 3 lanes to your exit ramp.
2 - allowing some asshole to move over 3 lanes at the last minute to their exit ramp.
3 - trying to "inch" through the intersection to beat the red light, thereby getting stuck IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION!
4 - speeding up to cut me off and get in front of me in the 1/2 car length space rather than slowing down a bit and moving over into the 5 car length area behind me.
5 - stopping on the highway ramp (on or off ramps) to give some lazy hobo $5.
6 - stopping in the middle of the road to let some idiot pull out either into or through traffic.
7-infinity - engaging in any or all of the following activities while driving (although the list is probably longer these are the ones I have seen); reading, doing a crossword, shaving, applying makeup, flossing your teeth, watching a DVD on your dashboard, eating, getting a hummer (umm, guilty here, sorry), letting your "fingers do the walking on your passenger" (hmm, yep, did that one too), having sex (uhhh, yeah, here on that one too), changing the music while LOOKING AT THE DASHBOARD, surfing the internet via wifi, et al.

God Bless Road Rage for emotional release...

**********

With regards to the top 10 places I'd love to visit...let's break it down into "rehash" and "new".
Rehashin...
The Pyramids of Giza are high on the list. Just an incredible sight to see, and to wonder how the hell they were built.
29,003 feet above sea level, on top of Mount Everest would be a pretty cool place to share a cold one with my brother.
I'd be remiss as a good Catholic if I did not visit the Holy Land as well.
And to think that the Taj Mahal was really built as a BURIAL PLACE for a favorite wife, I'd still love to wander around the halls.
Oddly enough, and one of the commonalities between the 2 of us, I'd also like to visit the birthplace of my mother in Hungary, and Yugoslavia in the 1-outhouse town where my father was born, if only to "leave my mark".
Et Al...
And to round out the list, I'd be very interested in visiting the following places:
Stonehenge would be in the top few. To walk about the stones, the grass, feel the old power coursing through it, would be a thrill for a fantasy story buff like myself.
Steeped in myth and ancient beliefs, the Acropolis is also on my list. The Temple of Athena, the Parthenon, too many others to list and link. Fascinating stuff.
Call me crazy, but space exploration fascinates me. I'd love to set foot on Jupiter, if for no other reason than to feel the climate, the storms, the clouds, and to step into the great red spot.

TILAM, your video is no longer available...

No comments: