10.19.2007

The Road Not Taken

My Top Ten Places to Visit that are in no particular order.

1. The Pyramids at Giza. To me, the greatest wonder of the man-made world.
2. The Great Barrier Reef. Shark diving would be cool, but exploring the GBR would be endlessly fascinating.
3. The Taj Mahal. This might well be the most beautiful building in the world.
4. The Top of Mount Everest. Why, because it is there.
5. The Serengeti. Nothing like a safari with my boys.
6. Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace on Lake Como. Click on the link...enough said.
7. The Holy Land. To walk the ground Christ walked.
8. Tahiti. Pure beauty. But I will probably settle for Costa Rica. Which ain't bad...
9. Greece. This was tough as I also want to go to Morocco, but the wealth of history is too much to pass up. I want to stand at Thermopylae and imaging the clash of armies. (Tdub wants to go there and imagine Gerard Butler in various states of undress.)
10. Linz, Austria and Szentgotthard, Hungary. With my parents, since this is where they grew up. Just to experience my heritage.

No comments: