7.27.2007

Whoa! Now for Some Serious Debate and a Major Sports Movie Gaff

Okay, some quick thoughts on the movie list. There are a few omissions in the consideration category at least. And he did not even THINK about the GREATEST SPORTS MOVIE EVER!

But without further delay...

I agree with:

Raging Bull
Hoosiers
Caddyshack

I did not see (gasp!!):

Friday Night Lights
Remember the Titans
Million Dollar Baby

Would have in my Top 10 no matter what:

Breaking Away
The Rookie
Miracle

So some other point one should consider. First, Bull Durham is not even Kevin Costner's best baseball movie...it is second behind For the Love of the Game and in front of Field of Dreams.

I would also look at Glory Road, Invincible and The Longest Yard (original).

He is also not considering two soccer movies: Goal and The Game of Their Lives.

Of the comedies, I would only have Caddyshack in my Top 10. Overall, I have a preference for "feel good" come from behind types of sports movies. I loved Slap Shot and Major League.

But I am shock, nay beyond shock, that he did not even call out the best, I mean THE BEST, sports movie ever.

The Pride of the Yankees. OMG, High Noon in Pinstripes.

All the others...well, I just don't think they cut it. So my Top 10 are:

The Pride of the Yankees
Breaking Away
Hoosiers
Miracle
The Rookie
Raging Bull
For the Love of the Game
Invincible
Glory Road
Caddyshack

The only caveat is to swap out the movies I did not see at some future date.

And I would swap out Jennifer Garner for Ashley Judd in a heartbeat...

And on September 21, Faith Hill for Jody Foster

Oh, and Kate Hudson for Jessica Simpson...

Oh, and Mrs. Tilam for all of the above.

No comments: