7.31.2007

Winter Rules Everywhere!

Interesting list. Actually, we don't have very many in common, looking at them. I live near Pacific/Bandon Dunes here in the pacific NW, I'm dying to play there, I've heard people fawning all over themselves to compliment this course. Medinah would have been on my list had I a month to live, but alas, not if it's only a week. An old girlfriend told me to kiss her where it smells, so I drove to New Jersey and planted one; no interest in Pine Valley. The only thing that would drag me back to New Jersey is a Bon Jovi concert (mostly because Mrs Thew would be soupy at seeing Jon strut his stuff). Anyway, here ya go, my last week on earth golfing:

Sunday - Oakmont - maybe if I land in the CHURCH pews I'd get a diving reprieve?
Monday - Pinehurst
Tuesday - Winged Foot
Wednesday - Bethpage Black
Thursday - TPC @ Sawgrass
Friday - Pebble Beach
Saturday - St. Andrews

Professional courses I've actually played:

Oak Hill in Rochester, NY. Made a decent enough accounting of myself, shot an 81.

Kapalua (since I've already played this gorgeous gem, I will not play it again before I die) in Maui. Windy yes, but the slick greens are the big monster at this place. Shot an 82.

Couer d' Alene in Idaho (1994 Andersen Championships for those of you "out of the loop") could not withstand my assault, a solid 76 at this Pac NW Gem. Got to play a 19th hole that night too. *grin*

The Monster @ the Concord Resort in Lake Kiamesha, NY? I have played there before, it's a really angry course. My best score is in the mid to high-80's (last time I played there was age 16?) after a stellar 40 on the front started my round off nicely. I know I'd do WAY better at 42 than anything prior to 30.

Tilam, your turn to choose topic?

No comments: