12.03.2004

Scheduling

Thew can do all the work, all I have to do is be at the right spot to say "yes" when Anna Benson asks if I am part of the grounds crew.

Ahem. Where were we? Oh yes. Some interesting games this weekend in college hoops, highlighted by Kentucky-UNC. I think the UConn-Indiana and the Illinois-Arkansas games will also be fun with modest upset potentials. Sunday has the Mississippi State-Arizona game. Normally, I'd give this one to MS, but I really hoping Arizona plays above their potential.

I have got to say that I totally respect Roy Williams' scheduling. Iowa, USC, Indiana, Kentucky! None of these teams would be considered a cake walk when they were scheduled. Most impressive: Vermont on the 21st. Most impressive in the sense that UNC has NOTHING to gain and everything to lose by playing Vermont. Vermont is one of those D1-A teams that emerges occasionally and really gives the Top 25 fits. If Taylor Coppenrath is on, Vermont could win this. By more than 10. They lost to Kansas by 7 and (IMAO) Kansas is a much stronger team than UNC.

Regardless, hat's off the Roy Williams and UNC. This can only help come April.

BTW; call me naive, but I needed smelling salts when Giambi was outed. Who's next? Bonds? Now Santa Claus I can see. (C'mon, all those toys in ONE bag, he has got to be on something!)

No comments: