1.02.2007

Bowl Games

First off: Happy New Year, Thew!

Second, I really like several of the Bowls games this past weekend. My favorite was the USC-Michigan game. I admit to have been rooting for Michigan, but I was won over by the USC team. Both QBs played very well and both have great pro careers ahead of them. Freakin' Henne throws ropes and nothin' but ropes. Booty was even more impressive and made the Wolverine secondary look bad.

The difference IMHO was the USC rush, which put alot more pressure on Henne. Frankly, I was surprised because Ohio State in their victory over UM, did not put as much pressure on Henne as USC did. Henne still had a 92.4 QB rating. But Booty had a 162 QB rating against (what I thought was) a very good Michigan defense. Hats off to the USC defense.

The Outback (PSU v. Tennessee) and the Capital One (Wisconsin v. Arkansas) were also entertaining. I did not see the Fiesta Bowl and am damn sorry I didn't.

In summary, after an exasperating year in the NFL where it seems team fell over themselves to lose when they needed to win, the NCAA comes through with some real entertainment.

No comments: