1.11.2007

Breaking news...

Just wait until you hear the inevitable "well, I felt like I hit the ball good today, just a bit unlucky at times". Or "I'm very close to where I want to be". Michelle, TIGER can get away with those statements after a bad round, you cannot. Because you have not earned the right to say them and have people nod their heads in agreement. But when you are 17 and rich beyond your father's wildest dreams (yeah, we know who's pulling the endorsement and schedule strings) does it really matter if you win?

UCONN is young, athletic, and raw. Look for them to have a major down rebuilding season this year. Sorry Husky fans (and I am a graduate of that school), it's the truth. So much success has spoiled you, I just hope that you don't treat the kids like crap as they mature and learn their team game.

Wow, I needed smelling salts after the Beckham deal. Of course, what OTHER team in the MLS would have been the right home for Becks and Posh? Hollywood, here we come. The perfect home for the king and queen of soccer (wow, with her in the bedroom, I'd have to make sure I straightened it like Beckham, not bent it). Tilam, in his quick wisdom, beat me to the NASL analogy, which was "throw money at a ton of aging stars with no real return over time" and the league folded. But I also believe that the US soccer fans will embrace this more than those fans of 30 years or so past. I also agree with Tilam in that I think they need to temper their spending, since the fan base of MLS isn't enough to support that kind of contract - come to think of it, where the hell ARE they going to get that money? This will be VERY interesting to watch as it plays out...

No comments: