1.08.2007

Playoff Prediction Recap (or Don't Quit Your Day Job)

I basically batted .500 this past weekend. The Pats/Jets game was higher scoring then I expected, but what the hell happened to the Chiefs? They really looked like they didn't belong. Of course, the Colts looked like crap too, but in comparison to the Chiefs, they were a rock.

Tony Romo played like Perry for one play and lost the game for the Cowboys. And the Iggles did win, though the game was much better (and closer) then I expected.

Hat's off to Thew, who went 4 for 4 for his weekend picks.

Give me a couple of days to ruminate, but my first cut at next weekend games are:

Pats over Bolts
Ravens over Colts
Bears over 'Hawks
Eagles over Saints

I am going with the "rookie QBs lose playoff games no matter how good they are during the season." But the only win I am confident in is the Ravens. LT may give NE fits, though the Pats have the 5th best run defense in the NFL. The 'Hawks and Bears will be a"who is going to lose it" game. I think the Iggles have an experience edge over the Saints; Garcia seems to be able to pull off the victory whether its pretty or ugly.

No comments: