1.19.2007

I have a different perspective on running...

I hate running. I do it sometimes, and when I do I interval train - walk a length, then run, then walk, then jog, then walk, then run fast, etc. But it almost takes me an act of God to get me out on the pavement doing roadwork. Now, I CAN hop on my bike, drop in a dvd, and ride for hours on end, or do it while watching the TV. You get lost in the moment and time passes nicely.

However, I am a weight person. Nothing feels better than to grab some iron and move it around. I have not been able to be consistent lately for a great many reasons, but I love that. I can lift some respectable weights for an old slim guy, but this is where I enjoy my physical exertion.

Oh, and there are few outdoors things better than having a golf bag on your shoulder, the sun high in a cloudless sky, and a long drive in the middle of the short stuff.

*****

Michael Vick has finally proven he's an NFL player by being caught with a water bottle which had a secret compartment and a trace amount of a substance believed to be cannabis within this secret compartment. Hmm, now I'm wondering if Marcus DID follow in the footsteps of his older brother. Michael is proving that he's nothing special by his actions OFF the field now; he's already proven he's mediocre ON the field...

No comments: