3.10.2006

True Dat

Tilam is right - UCONN did not lose only because of Marcus Williams. I had the opportunity to see much of the 2 halves, and here is what I saw;

No passion
No excitement
No 'tude
No Rudy Gay (see the first three) - I don't know what motivates this guy, he just stands around and watches for LONG stretches of the game - Rudy, bro, stay in school another year, your draft stock is going down like a rented whore. Of course, if *I* was the all american playa and got the ball as little as he does (see below), well, I'm not sure I'd not do the same thing.
PISS POOR shooting (see Tilam's numbers)

And ultimately, someone has GOT to tell Marcus Williams that he is not the first scoring option. Can he control the rock? Yup. Can he dish the rock? Yup. Can he shoot the rock? Nope. His shooting is suspect and his shot selection, well, that's just f'ing moronic. He is like a roach motel - ball goes in, ball doesn't come out. He will ultimately be the death of this team. Mark My Words Tilam!

Nothing else much to blog on today. The Hurricanes acquired Mark Recchi, a great move, but I hope he fits in better than Doug Weight has...

TILAM QUICK COMMENT: So I understand what might be the logic, Marcus Williams drives to the hoop, draws the foul and hits the FTs where he IS money. Here's the two flaws in that logic: first, you have to be a scoring threat to draw the defenders and two, you have to be near the basket when you go for the shot. MW is not the first and the foul line is not the place to draw the foul.

No comments: