3.14.2006

Who's running the show?!

Most (actually, the Ivory Soap ratio - 99 44/100ths) of you do not know Tilam in Real Life like I do (count your blessings). To those lucky ignorant people out there, I put this little tidbit forth - he is a well-educated, occasionally well-opinionated, high ranking individual in a budding company. He has a track record of success and should continue this trend...except for one thing:

Who the heck is running the show? Tilam's opinions are many and often, he blogs seemingly without coming up for air, when does he have time to run his organization? Apparently the company is able to run itself, because the big dude is off perusing the NC2A bracketology boards and blogging with abandon. Scary... By the way, Gonzaga WILL prevail, I believe that Adam Morrison is too good and really has his game together (see Bird, Larry, with Indiana State in 1979), and Gonzaga will make the Final Four.

Me? I'm a cog, nay the broken spoke, in the corporate wheel. I watch hockey, play golf, internet MMORPG (World of Warcraft), and try incessantly to make Mrs Thew perform illicit acts. Oh, and rassle with our 130 lb great dane for alpha male status (don't fret, I will not be seen at "downonthefarm.com" anytime soon). Oh, and the "play golf" part causes Tilam much consternation, since it has been nigh 10 years since he's beaten me at golf. Or almost that amount of time...

But okay, I'll take a few minutes to blog on the tourney:

Andy Katz says that UCONN will win if Marcus Williams plays like the best point guard in the nation. Best POINT GUARD! Are you listening Marcus? UCONN needs a point guard, not another scorer. We'll see if he gets the message.

And since TILAM will inevitably take a returning pot shot at me, LET'S GET READY FOR A TOURNAMENT BET! That's right readers, to make things interesting, I will propose that the ignoramus challenge the pundit. Thew vs. Tilam (you decide who is who)! Typical scoring - points for each correct pick, 1 for R1, 2 for R2, 4 for R3, and so on. I will bet a round of golf at my local club if Tilam responds in kind. If Tilam agrees, we'll figure out a way to track our picks and we'll keep you posted, since I know you all read this with the utmost interest. Tilam, you game?

On to more heady topics:

Some of you might seem familiar with Bill Engvall and his hilarious work. His catch phrase has become my mantra on life - "I HATE STUPID PEOPLE". This guy is my Dalai Lama. Just today I'm in line getting lunch, and the big sign says "CASH ONLY". Well this moron in front of me whips out his debit care - WTF, can you not read?! And he give the poor cashier a dirty look when she explains it to him. OMGz, it's incredible. And I'm not racist, but the cashier was a black woman, and EVERYONE, black men included, know that you do NOT mess with a black woman. They kick ass...anyone's ass.

Musings on the vagaries of getting old...

If I had lived during the Irish famine, then all this dang potato stuff in my ears would have wiped out THAT famine.

Can you fit a lawnmower up my shnozz to cut this nose hair?

WTF is up with ear hair - am I gonna have to call ChemLawn here or what?

When I was 25, sex was tri-weekly. WOO! Now that I'm 40, it's try weekly. Crap!

All the hot chix are only slightly older than my oldest child...isn't that illegal, even to think it?

Shit, they really do shrink as you get older...

No comments: