1.04.2005

41 Ain't Old (Ahem) & Strawberry Flambe

I do agree that this will be the last time we agree on the Hot Top 10.

Okay, fair question on the farm team. The question back at you is name ANYONE from the Yankee farm team that has panned out for another team. Nick J.? Shane S.? Drew Henson is still a question mark...for the Cowboys! My point isn't that King G. has depleted the Farm Teams, he has, but he has dealt them for "established" players. Known quantities. And, quite frankly, has traded on the Yankees reputation in the farm system to get those players. (Yankees have arguably the second best farm system and scouts behind Oakland.) I firmly disagree with the particulars of what the Yankees did, but not the way he did it. That makes some sense (even though I would not do it).

BTW, I am beginning to feel that all the pundits will look foolish when the Colts and Packers meet in the Super Bowl.

Boggs and Sandberg are in the HoF. Both deserve it. (Ironically, Boggs has a World Series ring - with the YANKEES!) But as I look at the voting I notice that Darryl Strawberry received less than 5% so he is no longer eligible for the Hall. I am shocked. The guy was a Rookie of the Year, NL Home Run Champ, has 4 World Series Rings and was an NL All-Star 8 seasons in a row. Clearly the guy had personal problems, but 6 votes in his first year and gone? He never gets a chance and Luis Aparicio is in? Or Phil Rizzuto for that matter? Maybe the guy is not HoF material, but 6 votes! Tom Henke got 6 votes in 2001! (Who? You know, the Canadian Goose? No, I don't know. My point exactly.)

He got screwed. I am raging (yes, raging) at the injustice.

I'm done.

No comments: