1.03.2005

Surviving the Insanity

Whew! The holidays are over...My inlaws, my parents, and my children have all returned to their normal dwellings, the asylum is quiet again. What a great visit - I've got great inlaws, wonderful parents, and incredible children. We played Xbox, computer games, and as unbelievable as it sounds, golf.

Ok, enough chit-chat. On to the good stuff...

Once again, the Vikings started off hot then cooled off to roughly absolute zero. And for their lack of effort, they get the Pack again, arguable one of the hotter teams in the NFL. Looks like Mike Tice is going fishing soon. The Vikes' defense is arguably the worst in the league, softer than Anna Nicole Smith's bootay. I've seen them play, and they play with fear, no confidence, and little intelligence.

AFC: Steelers vs Pats in championship, edge to Pittsburgh
NFC: Packers vs Eagles in championship, edge to Philly

Anyone who believes that Dikembe Mutumbo's flying elbows are "accidental", even in the case of LeBron, is smoking something wacky. That guy has been throwin and mowin 'em down with the humerous bone for years. Time to fine...

Latrell Spreewell will be the demise of the T-Wolves this year...unless he's traded.

King George is a MORON for trading Javier Vasquez in the Randy Johnson deal. But, you can't fault his commitment to winning immediately. Unfortunately, he's depleted the Yankee farm system (not to mention trading 2 prospects to 'Zona in this deal), and will have nothing to offer anyone else in the next few years except some high priced talent. That being said, I like the Yankees' starting rotation (or potential, depending on if this deal goes through). I sure hope that the Big Unit's 8-6 record vs the Red Sox gets better tho...

An interesting article complete with predictions from Ron Sirak. Adam Scott will not win the Masters, nor Darren Clarke the PGA. He leaves Ernie Els off the Major list, which I don't think he should do. The Big Easy will take on this year. Tiger will win (at least) one as well. I think Sergio will win the British Open, that will be his breakthrough. Aside from that, the golf muses have not spoken to me.

That's enough for now, I'm still cleaning out my email inbox after being out for a couple of weeks...

No comments: