1.26.2005

I don't really make this stuff up...

Well, TILAM was right on the spirit of my movie desires, but not quite on the ball: if no one dies in a flurry of blood and bodyparts, or if a female megastar doesn't get naked in the firsts 10 mins, why bother to finish watching? Head for the bar...

My children are slightly older than Tilam's so my 13 year old has a different view on movies - anything PG-13 is legal too (and I cannot say "NO" anymore). So, here are MY responses and updates to the Top 10 movies:

Anything with Anne Hathaway all made up is high on the list. And she's of legal age, so no comments.
Anything with Hilary Duff will contain wonderful singing, MAJOR teen angst hankie moments, dialogue so syrupy that you are going to have to brush your teeth halfway through, and at least 1 MOMENT where you realize that the light has gone on and the move will come together and she will succeed. But I like her.
Frankie Muniz is a great young actor, I hope he breaks out of the "cody banks" and "malcom in the middle" mold.
Miracle was an incredible movie.
White Chicks is predictable with the black/white humor, but the Wayans brothers are a hoot, and it's a laugh a minute.
Shrek 2 is good, I'm almost done with it - just 30 more minutes on the lifecycle and I'll have seen it.
My kids HATED Napoleon Dynamite. I haven't seen it, not sure why.
National Treasure gets 3 thumbs up.
Haven't seen "The Incredibles".

Wild Sorority Girls from the Planet Playtex, Amazon Mars Babes, and AvP are good old fashioned wholesome movies and I recommend them with 2 thumbs up...oh, and any move that feature Neve Campbell and Denise Richards in a hot love scene too.

Where has Amanda Bynes been lately? Lindsay Lohan is growing up, complete with the smoking bad girl persona. Hollywood corruption, too bad.

Okay, on to other rants and notables:

US District Judge William Augustus Bootle, who issued an historic edict in 1961 to allow black students into the University of GA, died yesterday in his home at the ripe old age of 102. He will (or should) go down as a landmark human being in the fight racism, and his courage will live on forever.

BBL

No comments: