1.17.2005

Musings II

Ah, life is back to normal. Vijay and Ernie as #1 and #2 at the Sony. Els was unconscious on Sunday, and it was too bad he did not score better Saturday.

I was also pleased to see Charles Howell tied for 3rd. I would like to see the young guns play better. Howell, Justin Rose, Adam Scott, Aaron Baddeley and (though I always think of him as older) Sergio Garcia could form the basis of some great rivalries in the future. I think that all these guys got game, it is just a matter of keeping the game for 72 holes.

As an odd follow-up to the Darryl thread below, Peter King of SI gives several reasons why he has not voted for Art Monk to be admitted into the football HoF. (Scroll down to the bottom of the article, but read the whole thing if you have time. I don't always agree with King, but I think he is one of the brighter lights in the sports writers' chandelier.) Basically, he takes Thew's good, but not good enough approach.

Here's a thought. Limit the membership of the HoF to the Top 100 players. You vote someone in, then someone ELSE has to come out.

No comments: