9.10.2007

Card Carrying AARP Members!

US-Brazil soccer match was a great game, albeit a true case of "michael jordan-ism". Brazil got the benefit of a couple of non-calls that were CLEARLY calls. Both within 10 minutes of each other mid-late second half. A CLEAR penalty kick takedown of Josh Wolff in the box by the Brazilian defender - I'm not sure what the hell the ref was watching, but that was a HORRIBLE no call. And assuming the PK is converted, it really changes the face/nature of the game, at least for a while. Several minutes later, a CLEAR handball miss by the referee on Brazil - I can't remember if it was in the box or not (memory says "just outside") but the referee was horrible....again, it seems, based on Jen Chang's analysis. But I think the boys made a good accounting of themselves, played aggressive not passive, took it to Brazil - the Brazilians were just a better team, but this time we didn't back down in awe. I liked that...although why the HELL we still play people like Eddie Johnson and Demarcus Beasley (the big disappointment of US Soccer imo) is mind boggling. Bradley's takedown was a bad decision, but truly, at that point, I'm not sure it changed the outcome of the game. Super free kick goal by Ronaldinho.

Interesting thing shopping with my daughter this past weekend. After buying some items, I got the proverbial "thank you sir" from the young thang behind the register..causing a bit of a giggling fit from my 16 year old. When asked about her source of amusement, she responded with "thank you for shopping SIR", followed by more laughter. I frowned at her, gave her that look of annoyance, to which she responded with more laughter. I shook my head and walked to the car, thinking that it sure is a bitch growing old...

THEN IT STRUCK ME!

The 3-T's of this blog are all in the same demographic (that is, young enough to last the whole game but old enough to have been around when they invented it), so I wanted to pose THIS top 10 list to the experienced bloggers of Tilam v Thew v T-Dub:

Give me the top 10 things you HATE about growing old!

No comments: