8.31.2007

My Top 10

My My My...maybe there is something to this soccer thing. Of course I don't really CARE about rules and such. I understand it can be purely a "spectator" sport!?

It's VERY slow at work today so I had some time to put together my list (woot for bosses being out of the office today!). This was a difficult one for me because there are so many great action sequences but I did narrow it down a bit.

1. “300” – When you first see how the phalanx is utilized by the Spartans it is amazing, and for an added bonus 300 buff men in loincloths. Perfection!
2. “Die Another Day” – When James Bond and Jinx are on the plane toward the end of the movie and decide to escape via a helicopter. Holy Cow!
3. “Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King” – When Legolas takes down the elephant. That was pretty cool.
4. “The Matrix – Revolutions” – When Neo faces all the Agent Smiths. Cool effects and men in wet leather. Woot!
5. “XXX” – There is a scene at the end of the movie when Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) has to catch a bullet train with a Porsche.
6. “The Quiet Man” – This is an old movie, but there is a bar brawl scene in this movie that basically takes about 15 – 20 minutes and runs the entire length of the county. It’s awesome and funny! I know not your typical “action” stuff but it’s still great and I had to include it on my list.
7. “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” – The opening sequence where Indiana is running through the series of traps with the giant ball chasing him. “Run, Indy, Run!”
8. “Jurassic Park” – The scene when the T-Rex first gets loose and the car is in the tree. I really liked that scene.
9. “Die Hard” – Well leaving this off the list is just a crime. There were so many good action scenes in that movie it’s hard to pick just one.
10. “Apoclypto” – Jaguar Paw, the main character, is being chased through the forest at the end of the movie. As he goes along, he sets traps for his persuers, becoming stronger and more confident. It's a great scene.


Honorable Mention
1. "Star Wars - A New Hope" - When Luke is in his fighter and has to drop the explosive to destroy the death star. Wow!
2. "Resident Evil - Apocalypse" - When Alice arrives at the church to save the others from the lickers. Now that's an entrance!

No comments: