8.27.2007

My Top Seven

Okay, horror is Thew's specialty, not mine. I am not a big slasher film guy, but I can give my Top 7 scariest scenes...blood or not.

1. The Alien Being Born - Alien. You knew something was going to happen, but you did not know what. The "what" was fantastic.
2. The Head in Jaws - Seeing the head in the boat was frightful and the fact that he was underwater and could not get away fast enough compounded the fright.
3. The Clown in Poltergeist - Whew! It was not under the bed...it's behind you. Just when you thought it was safe, too.
4. Sloth in Se7en - Poor dead bastard. Oh, wait! Scared the s*** out of me.
5. The First Transformation in American Werewolf in London - When the snout was sprouting, you could just FEEL it.
6. Peeling Off the Face in Silence of the Lambs - Simply unexpected and phenomenal.
7. The Whole Climax in Manhunter - The second Thomas Harris book-based film. I remember watching this and just not breathing for the climax.

Honorary Bloodiest scene: House of Blue Leaves scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Like I said, I am not a slasher film guy, but I do enjoy a good scare...

No comments: